PLEASE READ ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION COMPLETELY. ALSO KNOW THAT ALL OF THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE DEPENDING ON THE GOVERNOR’S RECOMMENDATIONS. WE WILL ALWAYS PUT OUR DANCERS AND FAMILIES FIRST.
We have missed our HSSOD family so much and we hope that everyone is staying well. We wanted to keep you updated on our plan moving forward.
After the governor’s announcement on Friday, we are moving towards reopening on June 1st. Our plan is to create an informal sharing at the studio the last week of June in order to perform our “works in progress” recital pieces in our recital costumes. We will also have our awards presentations for dancers during this time. Due to social distancing requirements, and limits on audience sizes that will most likely still be in place through July, we will not be able to have our performances in previously scheduled venues.
Teachers will work with students the weeks of June 1st-20th to get our work to a place that is ready to share with parents. In order to facilitate social distancing, we have created a performance “sharing”schedule that runs the entire day during the week of June 22nd-27th from 9am till 8:30pm. Since dancers will not be in school, we are utilizing the entire day to make sure that we are honoring the governor’s orders. We are well aware that this may be challenging for families who work, but please know that we are simply trying to make the best of these difficult circumstances. Please see the schedule for your child’s sharing time, which is posted in our “quick links” section of the website.
Dancers will arrive at the studio in full costume and perform their piece two times during the hour. The hour will be divided into two groups of audience members. The first half of parents for any given class, will watch the performance and awards recognition. During the second half of class, the other half of parents will watch a second performance and awards recognition. The teachers will communicate with parents about which half they will watch, once we get back in June. We are asking that only parents/siblings come to the sharing, and that parents videotape to share with other family members. We will have seating set up in the studios that will honor social distancing as well as staff who will consistently wipe down door handles. Although this is not the recital we have been dreaming about, we are doing everything that we can to finish on a positive note for our amazing kids who have worked so hard all year. I always tell my advanced dancers to finish strong, and this is no exception.
Some guidelines that we will be following are…
- When we begin classes in June, we are asking that dancers are dropped off and picked up. We will have our lobby areas closed off to parents.
- Dancers will be required to wash their hands before entering class. Our assistants will assist with this for younger classes.
- All door handles will be sanitized on a consistent basis between classes.
- Our 2020-2021 class season is posted just above the quick links section of our website.
- We will still have the lottery for fall registration FOR OUR CURRENT STUDENTS the week of May 18th-21st. You will stop by the office to pick up a lottery number anytime during the day from 9-11am or 5-7pm that week. You may also register for July camps and classes at this time!
- “In house registration” for current students will take place Tuesday May 26th- Saturday May 30th. You will know exactly when to come to the studio to drop off registration information after you pick up your lottery number.
- We will open up registration to the rest of the community on Saturday May 30th from 3-5pm. If you are a new student you do not need a lottery number.
- Tuition will be due by June 1st for our final month of classes. If you have already paid April tuition, we will apply it towards June. We have worked very hard to continue to pay our staff during this crisis, and we are asking that parents who purchased recital tickets, will make that a donation to the studio to help us stay afloat during this time.
- There will be no picture weekend with Kent Murray this season.
- Due to the smaller size of the cast, we are hoping to practice social distancing while sharing a performance of Peter Pan at Hope Community Church on Saturday, June 20th during the day. More info to follow.
- Summer classes and camps will run July 6th- August 1st. We really need your support, so please consider adding a class or camp this summer.
- Auditions for Springs Dance Company will run on Sunday July 19th.
- Littles: 1-2pm
- Apprentices: 2-3pm
- Junior Company: 3-4pm
- Senior Company: 4-5pm
- A parent info meeting is scheduled for Wed, July 8th from 7-8pm at the studio. Please join me at that time to get all of your questions answered about SDC.
- Pointe Placement will be on Sunday July 12th from 1-2:15pm. This class will be for dancers who are considering pointe work for next season.
- Springs Ballet Company auditions will be on Sunday July 12th from 2:30-3:45pm.
- Springs Tap Ensemble auditions will be held through videotape. Any dancers interested should contact us at email@example.com and we will forward your contact info to Ms. Denise.
- Take 10% off 2020-2021 tuition if paid in full by July 1st, or take 5% off if paid by August 1st.
- Our 23rd season will begin on Monday August 24th.
When I created this year’s theme “The Sky’s The Limit”, I was only imagining the incredible joy of Skylar Chappell’s senior year with all of her best friends. For 19 years, I have had one of my own children running happily into the studios each week to do what they love. This year was to be very different in so many ways, but we must accept what we cannot change, and look forward to sunnier days.
There are no real words that truthfully express my gratitude for 22 unforgettable years at HSSOD. I look forward to so many incredible opportunities for our dancers in the near future. I pray that your family continues to stay well, and I can’t wait to dance with you soon. We will continue to make dance accessible to our community through free offerings on Facebook and Instagram. In this crazy time, we believe that everyone should have access to the arts. We appreciate your continued love and support, and our dance family will be back together soon. #HSSODSTRONG